Saturday 10 December 2011

The challenge of remote controlling spotify - solved!

I've been writing apps for business for the last 17 years, so I took a look at what was out there.

I use spotify on windows and  wanted to volume stop start, next track from my son's ipod, my ipad, the mobile phone (n78) or mylaptop.

So I wrote an application.

Here's how to test and make it work.

You can use your facebook login /email.

Start here

Step 1
Install the software to your windows machine running spotify.
http://hopgood.eu/connect/SpotifyController.msi


Step 2
Configure the controller / connector on your windows pc

Start, All Programs, Spotify Controller configure
change the line
user="mh"
to
user="youremailaddress"
then file save and file exit


Step 3
In your ipod / ipad / smartphone
http://hopgood.eu/connect/
Register your email address - enter your email address and click submit, then click play.

Step 4
Start the controller 
Start, All Programs, Spotify Controller configure

Step 5
have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment